- 12 Jan 2021, Zoom Meeting - Patients share experiences
- 24 Nov 2020, Zoom Meeting - Bruno answers your questions
- 13 Oct 2020, Zoom Meeting - Nick answers your questions
- 05 Sep 2020, Summer BBQ - postponed until 2021 due to Covid-19
- 22 Aug 2020, Charity Darts Match at Witney Snooker, Pool & Darts Club - postponed until 2021 due to Covid-19
- 07 Dec 2019, OOSO Meeting, Churchill Hospital - Speakers - Atif Kaudri (Maggies), Dr Tim Ringrose (Healthcare Information Communication)
OOSO Meetings at The Churchill
The meetings are planned to start at 10:30. Refreshments and informal discussions are available from 10:00.
The meetings are held in Meeting Rooms 1, 2 and 3, on Level 2, in the Cancer and Haematology Centre, of The Churchill Hospital.
Enter the Churchill Hospital through the main entrance (passing the shops), and take the lift to the second floor. As you exit the lift immediately turn left then left again down the first corridor. At the second left go down another corridor (sign-posted Meeting Rooms) and on to the Meeting Rooms.
You will come across people gathering and will be asked for your name to put on a name tag.
Our meetings are usually attended by members of our clinical team – Surgeons, Advanced Nurse Practitioners, Dieticians, Physiotherapists, etc. and all the information exchanged is completely confidential and transparent. We sometimes are fortunate enough to have specialist guest speakers.
Zoom Meetings in the Cloud
- Email your question to Matt before the day of the meeting
- Questions will be selected and sent to the question master
- If you need advice about Zoom, contact Matt for a virtual lesson
- Log in on the day of the meeting
- If time permits there may be follow-up questions
Fund Raising Ideas
OOSO was established to help patients, their carers, their family and their friends. This remains the primary reason that OOSO exists.
As with all organisations, large or small, there are running costs incurred in order to maintain the OOSO activities.
The raffle held at each quarterly meeting is one illustration of how money is raised to support OOSO. Over time a number of people have asked for ideas that would enable them to run a project and generate some income for OOSO.
The events pages for each year document some of these successful episodes.
The Donate Page and the Campaigns Page of this web site provide a few options that enable you and your colleagues to assist OOSO by making a direct contribution.
However, if you are looking for inspiration for a fun idea that you can share with others, click here for a fully comprehensive A to Z list of ideas.