- Oct 2022, Nick Maynard and Anne Phillips celebrate 25 years at the Churchill Hospital
- 10 Sep 2022, Summer BBQ in Wytham Woods
- 12 Jul 2022, Zoom Meeting - 7:00pm - 8:00pm
- 31 May 2022, Zoom Meeting - 7:00pm - 8:00pm
- 28 May 2022, Summer Lunch - St Anne's College, Oxford, OX2 6HS
- 19 Apr 2022, Zoom Meeting - 7:00pm - 8:00pm
- 17 Apr 2022, Photo Competition Ends
- 08 Mar 2022, Zoom Meeting - 7:00pm - 8:00pm, Your Questions Answered
- 25 Jan 2022, Zoom Meeting - 7:00pm - 8:00pm
- 14 Dec 2021, Zoom Meeting - 7:00pm - 8:00pm
- 02 Nov 2021, Zoom Meeting - 7:00pm - 8:00pm
- 25 Sep 2021, Summer BBQ in Wytham Woods
- 25 Sep 2021, Oxfordshire Cycle Challenge - 1 Day Trial
- 21 Sep 2021, Zoom Meeting - 7:00pm - 8:00pm
- 14 Aug 2021, Charity Darts Match at Witney Snooker, Pool & Darts Club
- 10 Aug 2021, Zoom Meeting - Dr Sheraz Markar talks about assessing the benefits of post treatment monitoring.
- 31 July 2021, River Thames Walk - Abingdon to Godstow (11 miles)
- 29 Jun 2021, Zoom Meeting - 7:00pm - 8:00pm - Liz Ward and Nathan Robbins answer your questions
- 18 Jun 2021, Texas Scramble - North Oxford Golf Club
- 07 Jun 2021, Plants for Sale begins - Pre-order and home delivery
OOSO Meetings at The Churchill
The meetings are planned to start at 10:30. Refreshments and informal discussions are available from 10:00.
The meetings are held in Meeting Rooms 1, 2 and 3, on Level 2, in the Cancer and Haematology Centre, of The Churchill Hospital.
Enter the Churchill Hospital through the main entrance (passing the shops), and take the lift to the second floor. As you exit the lift immediately turn left then left again down the first corridor. At the second left go down another corridor (sign-posted Meeting Rooms) and on to the Meeting Rooms.
You will come across people gathering and will be asked for your name to put on a name tag.
Our meetings are usually attended by members of our clinical team – Surgeons, Advanced Nurse Practitioners, Dieticians, Physiotherapists, etc. and all the information exchanged is completely confidential and transparent. We sometimes are fortunate enough to have specialist guest speakers.
Zoom Meetings in the Cloud
- Email your question to Matt before the day of the meeting
- Questions will be selected and sent to the question master
- If you need advice about Zoom, contact Matt for a virtual lesson
- Log in on the day of the meeting
- If time permits there may be follow-up questions
Fund Raising Ideas
OOSO was established to help patients, their carers, their family and their friends. This remains the primary reason that OOSO exists.
As with all organisations, large or small, there are running costs incurred in order to maintain the OOSO activities.
The raffle held at each quarterly meeting is one illustration of how money is raised to support OOSO. Over time a number of people have asked for ideas that would enable them to run a project and generate some income for OOSO.
The events pages for each year document some of these successful episodes.
The Donate Page and the Campaigns Page of this web site provide a few options that enable you and your colleagues to assist OOSO by making a direct contribution.
However, if you are looking for inspiration for a fun idea that you can share with others, click here for a fully comprehensive A to Z list of ideas.